Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's a strudel the world we live in.

The May Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe book Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague by Rick Rodgers.

So, it's been a month since my last post. Which is sad, awfully sad, considering I've cooked up a bunch since then. There was the banana-peanut butter loaf, the chicken and barley soup, the thin crust pancetta and mozzarella pizza, the creamiest pasta salad, and wake-me-up coffee muffins(which I did record and will post, later).

Anyways, it all comes down to this months DB. I ditched the apples because I had pears galore, what can I say, when there's a sale, I go crazy. I've also really been meaning to use David Lebovitz recipe for candied ginger, and this seemed like the appropriate venue. 

The result? Tasty as hell the first day, okay the second, and not even worth eating the third. So, needless to say it went in the compost and it wasn't until the third day when I could bring it to my knitting group, or not bring it as it went. I have to take advantage of my weekends for cooking, I'm a busy girl! Also, my camera batteries died during our wonderful photoshoot, and I'm left with one 'candid' out of oven shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment